Wednesday, May 27, 2009

6 Years Come And Gone So Fast...

Our first born, Abigail Rose Germann turned 6 years old today. It is hard to believe that six years have passed so quickly. As I remember her rather slow painful entrance into the world (30+ hours of labor and a c-section) it seems like just yesterday that she was born. But as I write this I realize that 1/3 of the time that I have with her being a child is already gone.

Abby is such an amazing little girl. I would be proud just to know her so imagine how I feel getting to be her mother. Every day I am amazed by her intelligence, her humor and her kindness.

Some of the things we love about Abby:
* Her energy and enthusiasm for life (even if that means staying up way too late)
* How she will do anything to stop her brother from crying and make him laugh

* That she is a math whiz

* That she can read books well beyond her age

* Her amazing vocabulary that she always uses correctly

* Her faith in God

* Her devotion to Daddy (she is a Daddy's girl)

* The way she paces around when she talks on the phone (more like a teenager than a 6-year old)

* Her passion for bubble gum and blowing bubbles
* Her negotiation skills, especially when it comes to getting snacks or more T.V.
* That she is an awesome big sister to Gabe and Ellie

* Her love for all animals of the stuffed variety, not so much the real ones

* The way she watches herself dance in the reflection in the picture window in the family room
* The fact that she can hula hoop better than anyone I have ever known

Abby's first birthday.

Our big 6 year old wearing the crown from the card her brother picked out for her and showing off the blue tongue created by the ring pop she talked her Dad into. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABBY!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, yes...all those things and more. She's made being a Grandma SUCH a joy! And the amazing things she says and does that always make me shake my head and think "how can she know that?" I have books full of things she has done and said that are so memorable. Indeed, Happy 6th birthday Abby! I remember holding you the first time -- you were so little -- and you screamed (you didn't scream at anyone else - just me.) I'm so glad we've become such good friends despite our rocky start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too remember a very wonderful little girl. So hard to believe my baby had a baby. She takes after her mother in may ways. She has always talked like an adult. No baby talk for that girl. I hope she knows how much she is loved. No one could asked for a better big sister! Happy 6th birthday Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable baby picture! Happy Birthday Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an amazing kiddo :) I cannot wait to see her in a few short weeks!

    ReplyDelete