Friday, May 25, 2012

First Meeting Success. She's Wonderful!

Our first meeting with Yeong Eun went wonderfully.  We wasn't the least bit upset and although hesitant she did allow each of us to hold her.  I had brought animal crackers and she wasn't interested but she LOVES M & Ms.  Her foster father called on the cell phone during our meeting to talk to her and she told him Omma (referring to me as Mommy) gave me chocolate.  She speaks a TON of Korean and it is hard that we can't understand her.  She had to go to the bathroom during our meeting and allowed me to take her.  She told her foster mother that Omma helped her.  She has the best laugh and really enjoyed playing ball with us.

We are going to have some competition for who rules the roost at our house as Charli is as strong willed as Ellie.  Her social worker told us, "she doesn't like to lose."  Hmmmm, does she sound like my kid or what?!

It is clear how much her foster family adores Yeong Eun.  Her foster mother and two of her foster sisters came to the meeting.  The social worker told us the foster mother arrived before us and was waiting for us crying.  The foster family brought an entire suitcase full of Yeong Eun's things for us to take and gave us a photo album, a CD of pictures and a GIANT teddy bear that they say is her favorite toy.  We are unsure of how we are getting all of this home but know we will be paying baggage fees on the way back.

We had a BIG BIG day as we also met with Ellie's foster parents and went on the most amazing food tour.  We were so tired we finally slept 10 hours last night and seem to have overcome the jet lag.  We will we post more about yesterday's adventures later.  Here are some pictures of our first meeting.








3 comments:

  1. I have tears (happy ones) as I read your blog. I LOVE all the pictures, but especially that one of Phil playing peekaboo with Charli.

    I'm so happy things seemed to go so great with your first meeting!

    I wondered if you would run into Dan and Laurie. I only know them through e-mail/facebook, but knew they were traveling the same time as you. I had contacted Laurie awhile back when I asked CHSFS to connect me with other families in the Rochester area that are adopting from Korea. I think we should all get together sometime this summer!

    Can't wait to hear more about your time in Korea. I'm living vicariously through you right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie and Gabe and Abby were excited to see the pictures of Charli meetin Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pictures, almost made me cry knowing the long journey you have been on for her. LOVE the picture of her talkng on the "phone", reminds me of someone I know. We are excited to have a cousin the same age for Lizzie, should be great fun.

    ReplyDelete